07 December 2009

Hey everyone!

Many are gathered in Ruyi/Karen's room... it's pretty hot and I'm not sure why I'm still in my super thick fatpipe jersey. Prob coz I'm still enjoying the internet I can never get from my room.

SO anyway, we played the Aussies today. It was really disheartening at first to be playing without our two beloved forwards, Pris and Stella, due to unforseen circumstances. Our well wishes go out to them and their dearest grandmother. We played hard for you guys!

It was also quite sad to see the way the Aussies behaved today; arrogant. Prematch, while we were lining up to run in, they kept chanting, " We are Aussies, mighty mighty Aussies, if you can't hear us, we'll shout louder!" And they went on and on, getting louder and louder. Irritating. If that wasn't bad enough that they were shouting in our ears, half of them didn't even bother to shake our hands after the national anthem, walking away and starting their passes, even when they saw us lining up to shake their hands and wish them good luck. Maybe it was good that we didn't dirty our hands after all.

To add on to my apparent resentment (maybe only me), the previous day the Aussies refused to share a bus with us on the way back to our cabins, causing us to pay 42Kr EACH, just for a 15min bus ride. Of course I was a bitttttttttt bitter, and told myself that we had to beat them. I decided to give a motivating factor to my dear team mates: 10kr to anyone who scored.

MATCH TIME! The Singapore team played really really well *hearts*. 0-0 in the first period. I got a bit nervous and decided to up the bet: 20Kr to anyone who scored. And wonderfully, our dear newcomer Ducky scored a fantastic shot. But the Aussies came back during their power play, leaving a final score of 1-1 at the end of the second period.

In the last period, a desperate attempt to motivate Singaporeans (haha), I upped the bet to 30kr. We somehow managed to secure a penalty, and Jill scored a great goal. 2-1. 5 mins left on the clock in the third period seemed like 5 freaking hours to me. There was so much action, and then I looked at the clock only to realise only 13 seconds had passed.  The team defence was perfect today, and I almost made an error in committing to a forward and in a desperate attempt to save the ball I dived and thank god for giving me long fingers and big hands. After which there was a scramble in front of the goal and I only wanted to protect my head. haha. But the last few minutes truly seemed like hours and I was SO VERY proud of the team for holding on and maintaining the score line. WooHOOO!!!

And I am now with a deficit of 50Kr.

Tougher games lie ahead. I hope that we can maintain the way we played; cohesively and with great determination. When we believe, we can certainly achieve. Special thanks to my dearest goalie partner for fully believing in me and always supporting me, even tho it may be difficult at times  *hugs*.

Go Team Singapore!!!
-Widya #15-

No comments:

Post a Comment